12/8/18

The talking cave

talking-cave
Once upon a time there lived an old lion in a dense forest. He had not taken any food from several days. He was extremely hungry. He was roaming around the jungle. All of a sudden, he saw a cave and thought to himself, “Wow! This cave looks habitable. I will hide in the cave and when the occupant would come in, I will grab him up.” Saying this, he went inside the cave and hid himself.

Some times latter a jackal, who was the inhabitant of the cave, came by. As he was about to enter, he saw footprints of a lion entering in the cave. But there were no footprints coming out of it. He quickly understood the situation and shouted, “Hello cave! I’m back. Won’t talk to me?" On receiving no response, she shouted once more, “Dear cave, Are you upset with me? If you don’t speak up, I won’t come inside.”

Listening to all this the lion thought that this cave must be a talking one and wasn’t replying due to the fear of the lion. So, the lion himself shouted, “Oh my dear. Come in. I have been waiting for you.”

The jackal was quick to realize the lion’s plan. He was pleased with himself and shouted, “Oh! You must be so stupid to think that a cave would talk.” Saying this, the jackal quickly ran away and the lion sat there regretting his stupidity.

Moral: Never lose your presence of mind. It is the best weapon against every problem in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment